Forums » Playgrounds

J61103
chat Within The Ranks
by J61103 june 2018

Spira
53nd
2 020 points
July 2018
(I’m going to make Kira a white wolf if that’s okay. I just keep imagining her with a white coat lol.)

Kira led her patrol through the forest, her paws crunching in the snow. She paused to sniff the air every few steps, on the lookout for anything suspicious. She glanced back at the other wolves once in a while, keeping track of them and making sure none were slacking. “Find anything?” She called. As she spoke, she continued padding forward. Taking another whiff of air, this time she picked something up. Her senses alerting, she followed the faint scent trail. It didn’t travel far, disguised by the snow. Frustrated, Kira searched around the area and came up empty-pawed. As she padded back to the patrol, she caught a different scent in the other direction. This one also led to nowhere but a dead fern. It was definitely not from the pack, and she didn’t recognize the scents from any of the exiled wolves. Bristling, she trotted to the other wolves. “Hey, guys? I found some weird scents over there. I don’t recognize them, and they’re not very stale. But I can’t trace them.”
BunnyMaster
86nd
1 136 points
July 2018
account deleted niveau/8 facteur
Briggan’s ears perked up as soon as Kira called the rest of them over. “What’s it?” He asked, trotting over. He sniffed the scents, and shook his head. “I don’t recognize them,” he growled. He turned to the others. He was actually glad his dad had sent them on this mission. He loved missions. It was always something he looked forward to, especially if he was the one who found something out.
BunnyMaster
86nd
1 136 points
July 2018
Name : Twilight
Appearance : (5+ descriptions) Twilight is a grey wolf from afar, but her fur has a mixture of grey, white and very dark brown. She also has a white underbelly, completely grey paws that have a soft, smooth texture and soft, comfy fur on her back. Her tail is slightly longer than other wolves, but nobody minds that. She thinks it might come in useful someday, though. Twilight has a slightly smaller build than other wolves but is a fierce fighter inside.
Personality : (5+ descriptions) Twilight is a protective mother of her two small pups, and fights off any wolves threatening her family. Her husband (is that how you call it?) was thrown out of the pack, which is why Twilight makes sure her pups aren’t up to mischief, and she herself tries to follow every rule, although some rules she thinks don’t make sense. Twilight was, before her husband was thrown out, a very caring and kind wolf. But now that personality is covered by her fierce nature of protecting her pups and the grief of her husband, although she doesn’t show any signs of sadness. She is the type of wolf who would encounter misery, then grieve for a while, and then learn from her mistakes and move on.
Ranking : (Alpha, Beta, Pack Member, Pup) (I'm keeping it basic, however you can add their specialties in the personality ex. better at hunting than fighting, or still learning pack member) Pack Member
Other : (anything you would like to add, family members, skills, etc.) I guess I mentioned these above lol

(Does anybody want to role play her pups, or I just make them like side story?)
AwkwrdIncarnate
184nd
775 points
July 2018
account deleted niveau/7 facteur
(I would but I have four wolves to RP so I can't do anymore XD)

Sanguine layed out on a rock, probably to far into the territory, She stretched herself, then stood up, and shook out her coat. She sniffed the air, catching the scent of another wolf. Was that.. Romulus? She shook her head. He would have probably been long gone by now. She jumped off the rock and decided to follow the scent trail anyways. Not like she had anything better to do. Sanguine had been lonely the past couple of months, and anytime she even got near to the camp some stupid wolves would chase her off. She didn't kill anyone! Why wouldn't they believe her? She let out a low growl of frustration, but kept following the scent trail. Hey, maybe she'd bump into Romulus and they could go start a fire or sabotage a hunt together. She always had fun with that. With company, it'd be even more fun.

Maple tried to catch the scent, but she couldn't really pinpoint it, "I smell something weird but its not really... I don't recognize it." She said, then sat back on her haunches and furrowed her brow in thought.

Night was busy sticking his nose in everything, though, just trying to catch a whiff of what these other wolves were talking about. He didn't have a very strong nose, but when he caught the smell he started following it, but it went right back to where the patrol was.

"Urrrgghh..." Aspen growled, rolling over. "Lemme sleep... five more minutes..." He mumbled. Then, he found he was to awake to go back to sleep and he looked up at Sparrow, his eyes narrowed and sleepy looking. "Thanks... whatever your name is." He coughed, and his ribs showed visible through his sides as he did. His fur was kind of matted and messy. All in all, Aspen didn't really look healthy.
Rosellia
178nd
1 011 points
July 2018
(I'll roleplay one of her pups. Maybe you can message me and tell me what you were thinking in terms of looks and personality?)

Skiz crashed through the snow. He had been bored, so he decided it would be a good idea to start randomly digging. It was actually a lot of fun. "Hello baby hole!" he called down to the small divot he was making.
BunnyMaster
86nd
1 136 points
July 2018
Briggan circled the area with frustration. He racked his brain and tried to think of something. "Maybe it's a wolf's scent? One of the kicked out wolves?" He suggested.

Twilight ran lightly on her grey paws, following a scent to her den. She had a small deer in her jaws, and she was clamping down on it tight, not wanting to lose it anytime soon. She arrived at her den a few moments later, went in, sniffing intently for her pups' scents. She heaved a sigh of relief when she did, and found her pups nestled deep in the den, waiting for her to come. Twilight smiled, and set the deer down in front of them. "Eat up while Mummy's still here," She said. Her words conveyed a deeper meaning her pups might not understand yet, but she wanted them to know they might be separated soon.
Spira
53nd
2 020 points
July 2018
(I can rp the other pup if you want.)

Kira tilted her head thoughtfully. “It could be..” She murmured. “But I thought I’d still be able to recognize an exiled wolf’s scent.” She shook her head. “I don’t know. Let’s go report it to Castor.”

“I’m Sparrow!” He circled Aspen, eager to do something. He suddenly realized that Aspen’s pelt was messy, and he looked really skinny. Looking closer, Sparrow could see his eyes were a little glassy. “Hey, are you okay?” He plopped his hindquarters on the ground, looking at the other wolf in concern.

(I’m going to be gone for the next week or so, and I won’t be able to rp! No wifi in the Woods. :’( )
BunnyMaster
86nd
1 136 points
July 2018
"Okay, sure," Briggan grinned. He wanted to see his dad again. Maybe they'll get sent on another mission, or his dad will just sniff out the wolf, or whatever it was. That would be boring, though.
J61103
148nd
1 125 points
July 2018
(I'm also going to be on vacation the week after this one, so I unfortunately will also not be able to make it.) (And I'm aware some other people already offered, but I could also role play a pup if you need it.)

Not far from the patrol, a thin reddish brown wolf was bleeding heavily halfway underneath a few hemlock bushes. His scent was around the area, the ones that the pack members had caught wind of. However, he was unrecognizable, especially now with the gaping hole on his left flank. Breathing heavily, the malnourished wolf was certainty going to die.

Romulus kept his body close to the snow, his underbelly clumping with ice and large pacts of snow. His grey and tan fur blended in fairly well, but his huge body made things difficult to stalk. That was the thing with a pack; the females, usually thinner and faster, would chase the prey. After slowing it down and toying with it, it was wolves like Romulus who were able to use their muscle mass to get the take down. But by yourself...how are you suppose to hunt? Easing up on the rabbit in front of him, Romulus got close before making the run. Luckily, he won the battle smoothly. However the rabbit wouldn't be sufficient enough for
J61103
148nd
1 125 points
July 2018
design/quote.png
J61103 (I'm also going to be on vacation the week after this one, so I unfortunately will also not be able to make it.) (And I'm aware some other people already offered, but I could also role play a pup if you need it.)

Not far from the patrol, a thin reddish brown wolf was bleeding heavily halfway underneath a few hemlock bushes. His scent was around the area, the ones that the pack members had caught wind of. However, he was unrecognizable, especially now with the gaping hole on his left flank. Breathing heavily, the malnourished wolf was certainty going to die.

Romulus kept his body close to the snow, his underbelly clumping with ice and large pacts of snow. His grey and tan fur blended in fairly well, but his huge body made things difficult to stalk. That was the thing with a pack; the females, usually thinner and faster, would chase the prey. After slowing it down and toying with it, it was wolves like Romulus who were able to use their muscle mass to get the take down. But by yourself...how are you suppose to hunt? Easing up on the rabbit in front of him, Romulus got close before making the run. Luckily, he won the battle smoothly. However the rabbit wouldn't be sufficient enough for

...for his appetite. Romulus was about to start his meal, only getting a small bite in when he smelled a familiar wolf. 'Sanguine,' he thought, and he decided to get up and move his meal elsewhere. The one thing he didn't want was running into fellow ex-pack members. Keeping up the pace, he ran towards the outskirts of the pack's territory.

"Skiz," Castor called the wolf digging in the snow. "Come here." Knowing he wasn't doing much but playing, he knew he could ask Skiz a favor. "I'm going to talk to Twilight, I need you to stand watch. She's a little hostile, and I don't think she would do anything, but I need a witness and another wolf in case she gets out of hand." Lowering his voice, Castor continued, "Nothing is more dangerous than an angry mother wolf."

Moving towards Twilight's den, Castor kept his body posture up in a dominant position. "Twilight?" He called, staying out of her den. "May I come in? I would like to talk."
Rosellia
178nd
1 011 points
July 2018
Skiz stood at a sort of attention stance when he heard Castor. His back was rigid and straight as he nodded in agreement. He could definitely vouch about angry mother wolves. Even his sister Amber was hostile towards him when she had pups to look out for. "Goodbye, baby hole," he whispered to his divot. He followed Castor to Twilight's den, but stayed a little farther back from the entrance. There, he sat down.
BunnyMaster
86nd
1 136 points
July 2018
Twilight jerked up when she heard Castor outside. "Stay here," She whispered softly to her two pups. Their bright green eyes looked up at her questioningly. Twilight stared at them, as if saying, "I've got no choice. That beta is of a higher rank than me..." She stole one last look at her pups before slinking towards the entrance of the den. Who knows whether the beta was going to send her on a mission... or expel her. Then she wouldn't be able to look after her pups for a few days. She bet Castor wouldn't send another female wolf to take care of them, and even if he did, she wasn't going to let that wolf touch her precious pups. They meant so much to her -- the only wolves she had left now... she thought as she made herself seen in front of Castor.

Wait... Briggan wasn't leaving without an answer. He put his paw, which had been dangling in mid air, waiting for his decision, back on the ground. "Wait guys. Let's just follow the scent as much as we can," He growled. He slunk off in a stalking position and motioned for the others to follow him. If they wanted to report to his dad instead, let them go ahead, Briggan thought. He was going to find out who or what the scent belonged to.
AwkwrdIncarnate
184nd
775 points
July 2018
Sanguine could tell Romulus was moving away from her, since she had spotted him from the bushes and seen him move so quickly. She raised a brow, and jumped elegantly into the clearing, opening jogging after the handsome boy. He was to far ahead to see now, but she followed his scent trail easily.

Aspen snorted. "I'm fine. Just.. hungry, and cold and tired..." He yawned. "What do you want?"

Maple nodded to Briggan and stood by him. "Yeah, we should keep searching." She said.

Night rolled his eyes at Maple and Briggan. "I'm going to go report it quickly. I'm not gonna start an argument on trying to find the owner of this weird scent. Its probably a hurt animal."
Rosellia
178nd
1 011 points
July 2018
Name : Obsidian
Appearance : Like what his name says, Obsidian is a mostly black wolf, with tufts of grey and white fur here and there. It doesn't look messy though, and it actually looks rather smooth. The "pattern" is like spots on a cheetah, and makes him quite handsome and distinct. His coat pattern is something Obsidian is very proud of.
Personality : (5+ descriptions) Obsidian is still young, so not much of his personality shows. He does, however, show more confidence and fearlessness than most other pups. But like other pups, he likes playing and exploring, and his mother Twilight often has to keep him and his sister safe from harm as they might accidentally venture into the unknown.
Ranking : Pup
Other : Twilight is his mother, his father was exiled and his sister Eclipse still lives with what remains of the family
BunnyMaster
86nd
1 136 points
July 2018
Briggan nodded back at Maple, approving of her courage and determination to find who the scent belonged to. He narrowed his eyes at Night, "How're you so sure it's a dead animal? You mean you were the one who left it there? You can go ahead and report it, but I'm going to search for it." He put his snout near the ground and followed the scent, sensing Maple following him.
BunnyMaster
86nd
1 136 points
July 2018
Name : Amethyst aka. Aura (just type Aura, it's easier)
Appearance : (5+ descriptions) Aura has light grey fur that are almost white. To Aura, it's a perfect blend of grey and white. She has an average build, and is actually quite beautiful. She has blue eyes, like Briggan. She thinks she may be somewhat related to him, and is trying to find some proof, not just the similar blue eyes. She likes him and hopes to let him be beta one day and let him rule alongside her no matter what age she would be then. She isn't really muscular, although she is actually quite strong and fast. Her ears are slightly bigger than normal, and although Aura doesn't scientifically think so, it is believed that is what enhances her hearing. Her hearing is among the best of the pack.
Personality : (5+ descriptions) Aura is the Alpha of the pack, which makes her the leader. She is mostly humble, although she boasts at times. She is also trying to find out who is the killer. She is kind to other wolves, even angry mothers like Twilight (lol). She thinks these type of wolves are just protecting their pups, and nothing's wrong about it. Aura is also a strong-willed and determined wolf.
Ranking : (Alpha, Beta, Pack Member, Pup) Alpha (I'm just picking this so I can see what's this role about, J6 can you tell me more?)
Other : (anything you would like to add, family members, skills, etc.) Aura has been training since young, and has developed many skills. Until now, she is still training, just less often. She is determined to set a role model for younger wolves. She used to have a crush on Romulus, but knew he needed to be expelled for the sake of many wolves. Now that the problem hasn't stopped, she knew she made a huge mistake. Aura hopes to find him again someday, and admit she liked him. Aura has never told anyone about it, although she thinks of him every day. She thinks Romulus might like her, as he once told her she was beautiful, and her fur was the softest any wolf's coat has ever felt like.
J61103
148nd
1 125 points
July 2018
(( Accepted! Thank you for adding another wolf 🙂 I can give you additional info in PM if you would like))

Castor gave a half smile, a fake one that tried to show kindness. The ironic thing is, the strict wolf wasn't use to smiling and that's why it came out pretty pathetic looking. Clearing his throat, Castor gave Twilight an up down for any hostile body posture before beginning to speak. "I'm sorry to bother you in such a time of grief- which I apologize for- however I wanted to have a few words with you on the night of the fourth murder of one of our prized hunters, one we all knew, Esmeralda. Do you mind if I come in for the conversation, and Skiz, too?" Castor looked back at Skiz, who was doing him a favor. Although Castor's face only showed the face of stoic, he was very grateful to have Skiz with him. Then, back at Twilight, he nodded towards the den entrance. "May we?"

'She's still coming,' Romulus thought dreadfully as he sensed Sanguine following. Picking up the pace, the broad young wolf sped up, dodging bushes and trees all to escape Sanguine. 'Not Mayhem...' he thought, trying urgently to move. Romulus was a friendly wolf, however he didn't want to talk to fellow exiled wolves for knowing what might happen. Besides, Romulus wasn't a fan of Sanguine even when they were both in the pack. She would make fun of him, after all. Why would he want to talk to her, especially now?
BunnyMaster
86nd
1 136 points
July 2018
Twilight watched Castor as he surveyed her from head to toe. She kept her face passive, unwilling to show any signs of emotion. Thankfully he wasn’t talking about anything related to leaving her pups. As he spoke, she wondered, I don’t know Esmeralda well. I’ve only seen her a few times around. How can he suspect me? Because of my husband? Is that what he’s implying? She began to feel a growing frustration towards the beta. She hoped Aura would make things better for them. However, she still refused to let any feelings leak out of her, especially in situations like this. She nodded and moved aside, allowing Castor and Skiz to come in.
AwkwrdIncarnate
184nd
775 points
July 2018
Sanguine heard her stomach grumble and she growled to herself. She really needed Romulus to help hunt. It was the only way she'd be able to take down anything to satisfy herself. She couldn't deliver the strong, killing blows that male wolves could, and Romulus was large and strong so he would be able to. She rolled her eyes when she sensed him speed up, then took off towards him in a full-on run. She veered off, though, at the last moment, and circled around. She spotted him jogging through the bushes, and a little smirk appeared on her face. Did he really think he could outrun her? She jumped in front of him, looking rather threatening, (even if she didn't mean to) and stood in his way. "Hey, Rommy." She said, a smirk on her face, and a brow raised. Her fierce, sunset orange eyes looked him over, taking him in, sizing him up in case he wanted to fight. "Don't run. I'm not gonna bite you." She sighed, curling her tail over her back.
Rosellia
178nd
1 011 points
July 2018
Skiz remained silent. He was afraid that even the slightest twitch of his mouth would upset the protective mother. He was so focused on not provoking Twilight that he barely even heard Castor's conversation with her. Luckily, he was paying enough attention to know when to move. He filed into the den and sat next to the entrance. He tried to keep his eyes on Castor. That way he wouldn't make Twilight angry.

Obsidian watched the newcomers with silent curiosity.
Rosellia
178nd
1 011 points
July 2018
(Also, I forgot to mention. I'm going on vacation so I probably won't be online at all from tomorrow until next Saturday)
BunnyMaster
86nd
1 136 points
July 2018
Aura padded around the camp, watching wolves playing, hunting or whatever they wanted. She decided to go find the beta. Castor, wasn’t it? She mumbled to herself. She approached a young wolf, and asked, “Have you seen the beta?” The young wolf stared at her, dipped his head at the Alpha, then replied, “Uh... I think he’s looking for witnesses of Esmeralda’s death. Maybe he’s asking around.” Aura nodded her thanks, then pondered, Where would he start first? She had heard of their prized hunter’s death, one she was familiar with. She used to go hunting together with her, and they had endless fun. Aura sighed. Why would the killer want her? It was either he had been Esmeralda’s nemesis, or he wanted to take away the availability of food from the wolf pack. Though Esmeralda never mentioned anything of an enemy to Aura. The number of clues she’d collected was insufficient to pinpoint the killer. She wished there was such a thing like a “Truth Potion”, so she could just hold a feast with the potion in the food. Then all she had to do was to ask who was the killer. Too bad there wasn’t this kind of easy way out. Aura sighed again, then went off in search of Castor.
Spira
53nd
2 020 points
July 2018

Name : Eclipse
Appearance : Like her brother's name and her own name, Eclipse is black. But not as black as Obsidian. Unlike her brother, she doesn't have tufts of grey and white fur here and there. Instead, she has white paws, and a greyer tail than her body. She also has green eyes, like her brother.
Personality : Eclipse is still young, so not much of her personality shows. But like other pups, hse likes playing and exploring, and her mother Twilight often has to keep her and her brother safe from harm as they might accidentally venture into the unknown.
Ranking : Pup
Other : Twilight is her mother, her father was exiled and her brother Obsidian still lives with what remains of the family

Kira growled lowly, catching up to Briggan. “In case you forgot, I’m leading this patrol.” She looked around at the others. “Though, maybe it would be a good idea to follow the scent.” She gestured with her tail. “I trailed it a bit this way, but then it faded. I think the wolf may have backtracked and gone a different direction. But if we don’t find anything, we need to go back.” She tilted her head towards the sky, blinking against a snowflake that landed near her eye. “This snow will make it hard to track a scent, so we must be careful.”

Sparrow suddenly felt very guilty for waking up Aspen. “Oh. Ehm, I was just wondering if you wanted to go hunting or chat or something. I was just bored, sorry..” he trailed off sheepishly.
BunnyMaster
86nd
1 136 points
July 2018
Briggan nodded. "Alright, but let's put in our best effort in searching." He looked up at the sky, and agreed, "You're right, Kira. We don't have long. Let's get those paws moving." He grinned, letting out a bit of that playfulness in him.
BunnyMaster
86nd
1 136 points
July 2018
Aura approached a small area of grass with trees surrounding it in a semicircle. There were huge boulders making up the straight line of the semicircle. And there, in the middle-right of the boulders, was three wolves. Aura knew her pack. "Skiz? Castor? What are you doing here?" Aura asked. She felt sympathetic for Twilight. She knew Castor was questioning her, and it seemed wrong to accuse Twilight of killing Esmeralda. Twilight was just a mother, protecting her pups. Who wouldn't be angry if your husband was exiled when he wasn't even the culprit? Aura felt like she needed to set things straight. She couldn't let Castor be like that -- rigid and firm about his decisions. He really needs to have a second thought, Aura thought, if he keeps doing this, he'll soon change how everyone thought of everyone else in his own way.

(Also, only non-"royalty" call Aura "Amethyst" and bow to her (just dip head in acknowledgement of her arrival at the place). Castor and the elders of the pack do not need to call her that (correct if I'm wrong)).
AwkwrdIncarnate
184nd
775 points
July 2018
Aspen looked at Sparrow, his eyes narrowed. But they softened when he took a deep breath. "Its alright. I'm just snappy when I'm tired. You wanted to go hunt?" He coughed.
unclassified
July 2018
a stranger niveau/
Name : Valhalla Nickname: Val
Appearance : Dust brown coat, sky blue eyes, one white paw (back right), slightly darker underbelly and have three tiny spots of white around her muzzle
Personality : Though young, she is smart, energetic, playful, kind and is slightly head-strong when she believes that something should be done
Ranking : (Alpha, Beta, Pack Member, Pup) Pup/Member Is still learning
Other : She has quiet the sniffer on her. She can smell any animal far quicker than anyone in the pack, though this usually leads her into trouble, more often than not. Her parents soon dissipated after she was born, so no family to mention.
Spira
53nd
2 020 points
July 2018
Kira padded forward, her ears pricked. She took deep inhaled through her nose, trying to hang on to the faint scent trail. It’d disappear and reappear, resulting in the patrol doubling back and changing directions several time. She twitched her tail as they plodded on, her frustration increasing with each paw step.

Sparrow twitched his ears, and nodded. His confidence grew. “Yeah! You up for it?” He tilted his head.

Eclipse peered from behind her brother, looking up at Castor. She glanced at her mother in confusion, wondering what was happening.
Spira
53nd
2 020 points
July 2018
(b b b b ump)
BunnyMaster
86nd
1 136 points
July 2018
Twilight snuck a look back at her pups. They watched her with silent curiosity. If only they knew what was happening, Twillight thought. She padded further along the tunnel, motioning for Castor and Skiz to follow. She silently prayed in her mind that her pups wouldn't bombard her with questions anytime soon.
Today, at 12:04am
Advertising 1
scroll-top